[ubuntu-za] Firefox hiccups

Jan Greeff jan at verslank.net
Fri May 2 09:35:15 UTC 2014

This may be co-incidental but seems to have originated with the Ubuntu
upgrade from 12.04 to 14.04.

My Firefox browser shows "browser unsupported" when I try to do Internet
banking, i.e. the https site.

After Googling the problem I replaced the prefs.js file from my backups,
no joy.

Then I installed Chrome and the problem is gone. Because I would like to
revert to Firefox, I uninstalled the app and reinstalled, now the
Firefox fresh install cannot detect my bookmarks in Chrome!

Is there hope or shall I just write off Firefox and get accustomed to
Chrome?

Best wishes,

Jan