[ubuntu-za] Security - passwords

Raymond Barbour xraya4t at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 08:44:19 UTC 2014

I've been using android app
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.awallet.free as I always
have my phone with me. I picked this because the only permission it has is
to read and write to sd card. So even if it was stealing passwords it
doesn't have the permission to send them anywhere. Google doesn't show you
by default when an app has internet access, you need to specifically open
the permissions in the play store. So if you are security paranoid (which
my brother is) then this app is for you. It just means that you manually
need to export your passwords (encrypted or csv) to back them up and
transfer them separately from the app.