[ubuntu-za] Increase Slow WiFi Speed

Bernie Swanzen bernie at perdix.co.za
Tue Apr 8 06:55:23 UTC 2014

This might be of use for some.

While downloading a 1gig file from a local University I noticed one of
my fellow students downloading the same file at 4 times speed with a
MAC.  (I am using Linux Mint 16).  I Immediately did a comparison via
speedtest.net.

My download speed was below 1mb per second, with the Mac getting in the
regions of 5mb/s.

Below a link with a couple of solutions I found that can be implemented
for Ubuntu to increase WiFi speed - I applied option 3 from the link,
and the results were amazing... I now get anything between 8mb/s to
20mb/s from the same wifi connection.

http://itsfoss.com/speed-up-slow-wifi-connection-ubuntu/