[ubuntu-za] NEWS: 5 reasons LibreOffice and GIMP will not replace Microsoft Office and Photoshop

Frans de waal meesterarend at gmail.com
Fri Sep 27 12:29:53 UTC 2013

On Sep 27, 2013 2:16 PM, "Juan Koegelenberg" <juank at vodamail.co.za> wrote:

> Why not try Kingsoft office: http://www.kingsoftstore.com/
> Closes to Ms Office I know of.
>
> Juan

Juan the problem is the visual basic for aplications used in office...
before I knew of this great and better options I started to program stuf
there to do things that used to take ten people a day... and then another
day for the one sorting it... we went in my time there from a small debt
collector to rather big and almost all the way back again and from fax
machines to fax modems and eventualy email, Jako inhereted more than ten
years of me coping on my own with a program having lots of changes in a way
that I had already forgotten the best datbase queries I had... and he are
still improving it daily... I like drab and dreary win95 look on my forms
and no sooner had he gotten the reigns or he began beautifying everything
not to mention the improvements in exell
Everything don with ms-office and VBA... wich do not ay nice with
others...despite the claims.

> On 27/09/2013 14:00, jako wrote:
>>
>> I use MS office all day every day @ work.
>> I have tried to go over to libre office no success. Libre office does
not have a worthwhile replacement for MS office ACCESS to speak of.

>> Not to say that i dislike Ubuntu i any way i use that aswell and enjoy
using it but Libre Office it not for me personally it not worth the evert.

>> Jako Smal
>> IT Manager
>> Dormakorp
>>
>> On 13/09/27 12:06, Frans de waal wrote:
>>>
>>> Only thing office are good for is converting presentations to video...
>>>
>>> Also done with a screen recorder and patience.

reasons why gimp and libreoffice WILL replce microsoft office and photoshop
would be a better read" :)

the software he is writing about, and a lot more patience when using said
software! Most of his "reasons" are actually personal preferences or lack
of knowledge on how to do what he wants. :)

http://www.c-integration.com/blog/showpost.php/87-5-reasons-libreoffice-and-gimp-will-not-replace-microsoft-office-and-photoshop