[ubuntu-za] NEWS: 5 reasons LibreOffice and GIMP will not replace Microsoft Office and Photoshop

Frans de waal meesterarend at gmail.com
Fri Sep 27 12:18:24 UTC 2013

On Sep 27, 2013 2:01 PM, "jako" <dormakorp at vodamail.co.za> wrote:

> I use MS office all day every day @ work.
> I have tried to go over to libre office no success. Libre office does not
have a worthwhile replacement for MS office ACCESS to speak of.

> Not to say that i dislike Ubuntu i any way i use that aswell and enjoy
using it but Libre Office it not for me personally it not worth the evert.

> Jako Smal
> IT Manager
> Dormakorp

Well actually its prferance still and the fact that to repace ms access in
your case would be close to at least two years of programing in another
language than what you're used to... I still do not have that courage...
postgress as an backend was adventure enough! :-P

> On 13/09/27 12:06, Frans de waal wrote:
>>
>> Only thing office are good for is converting presentations to video...
>>
>> Also done with a screen recorder and patience.
>>
>> On Sep 27, 2013 11:27 AM, "Karl Wortmann" <karlwortmann at gmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > Before even clicking the link I thought "surely an article that has 5
reasons why gimp and libreoffice WILL replce microsoft office and photoshop
would be a better read" :)

>> > I read it, and I must say, the author really needs more exposure to
the software he is writing about, and a lot more patience when using said
software! Most of his "reasons" are actually personal preferences or lack
of knowledge on how to do what he wants. :)

http://www.c-integration.com/blog/showpost.php/87-5-reasons-libreoffice-and-gimp-will-not-replace-microsoft-office-and-photoshop