[ubuntu-za] NEWS: 5 reasons LibreOffice and GIMP will not replace Microsoft Office and Photoshop

Percy Langa percylanga at gmail.com
Fri Sep 27 10:23:20 UTC 2013

On 2013/09/27 11:10 AM, Hilton Gibson wrote:
> http://www.c-integration.com/blog/showpost.php/87-5-reasons-libreoffice-and-gimp-will-not-replace-microsoft-office-and-photoshop
>

> A nice Friday post to get your weekend rolling.
Hey Hilton,

Love posts like this :) Reminds of the iOS vs Windows Mobile vs Android
debate, except in this instance the article is lacking good substance.
One could say it fails horribly to be classified as FAD :)

Finally, the long and short is that people will choose whatever tool
work for them. For example I use QGIS (open source) for map analysis, my
colleagues prefer Mapwindow (open source) and ArcGIS (closed source).

Cheers,
Percy