[ubuntu-za] NEWS: 5 reasons LibreOffice and GIMP will not replace Microsoft Office and Photoshop

Dave.apter@gmail.com dave.apter at gmail.com
Fri Sep 27 09:44:42 UTC 2013

Trash! MS getting desperate.?

Sent from Samsung Mobile

-------- Original message --------
From: Karl Wortmann <karlwortmann at gmail.com>
To: Ubuntu South African Local Community <ubuntu-za at lists.ubuntu.com>
Subject: Re: [ubuntu-za] NEWS: 5 reasons LibreOffice and GIMP will not replace Microsoft Office and Photoshop

Before even clicking the link I thought "surely an article that has 5 reasons why gimp and libreoffice WILL replce microsoft office and photoshop would be a better read" :)

I read it, and I must say, the author really needs more exposure to the software he is writing about, and a lot more patience when using said software! Most of his "reasons" are actually personal preferences or lack of knowledge on how to do what he wants. :)

The comments were the real gem of the article :) thanks for sharing :)