[ubuntu-za] Ubuntu virus-free but what about bugs?

Frans de waal meesterarend at gmail.com
Wed Sep 11 19:43:52 UTC 2013

On Sep 11, 2013 8:15 PM, "Jan Greeff" <jan at verslank.net> wrote:

> Hi Frans,
>
> It will be great if there is a workaround.
>
> As I mentioned, I am using Ubuntu 12.04. To get to the pictures folder, I
go to System Settings, Appearance, Wallpapers, Pictures Folder.

> Jan

Ok, that is your desktop wallpaper foto's chances are they get cached
somewhere, this is not an image management program,  you should be able to
find and delete this images... you can try using Ububtu Tweak to clean out
your cache files or search for an wallpaper folder under your home
folder...  it might be a folder or two in... removing files there should
remove as you would like it to

> On 11/09/2013 14:57, Frans de waal wrote:
>>

>> On Wednesday, 11 September 2013, Jan Greeff wrote:
>>>
>>> A bug has been reported to the effect that the "-" button in the
pictures folder of the desktop images in Ubuntu 12.04 does not work, so we
can upload images via "+" but cannot delete them via "-".

>>> What puzzles me is that a little bug like this cannot be too difficult
to rectify, why is it not done?

>>> What also puzzles me is the fact that, when I load new images to this
pictures folder, they get deleted every time when I close the page,
however, some images that I have deleted to trash have found their way to
the pictures folder and are stuck there, there is apparently no way that I
can delete them.

>>> Jan
>>>
>>> --
>>
>> This is where every one starts asking "But are there really one piece of
software that's bug free?"

>> Jan yes I too find that there are lots of bugs...but it's Linux and its
free...and I do like a challenge when it presents itself, workarounds are
great ways to get around these problems, sometimes one just need to think
out of the box and work with the problems, even the best of them does have
some major flaws they are just better hidden.

>> Now there are some questions: what are the program versions you are
using and which program do you use to open this pictures folder?