[ubuntu-za] Cyclos is a project of a network of Social TRade Organisations

Hilton Gibson hilton.gibson at gmail.com
Sun Oct 27 04:19:28 UTC 2013

Cyclos is a project of a network of Social TRade Organisations from Latin
America and Europe.

STRO’s objective is to move money as a major steering mechanism in society
from causing environmental abuse and preventing many poor to optimise their
capacities, to become an instrument that serves a qualitative human
development. The first STRO was founded in 1970 in Holland. Social trade
promotes the opportunity for communities to optimise the circulation of
purchasing power in their community. Using the Social Trade methods the
potential of the community can be optimised based on the community’s
culture with respect for the environment. People involved in realising the
Social TRade targets are working from local offices in Porto Alegre
(Brazil), Montevideo (Uruguay) and Tegucigalpa (Honduras), Utrecht
(Holland), Lisbon (Portugal) and Murcia (Spain).

http://www.cyclos.org/about-stro

​Someone asked me to post details about the "social" payment system I
mentioned during our impromptu release party yesterday. Here it is!​

Cheers

hg