[ubuntu-za] new South African Ubuntu forum being launched

Neil Oosthuizen nlsthzn at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 06:40:34 UTC 2013

Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
Napoleon Bonaparte

Firstly I am not in any way saying that the new forum or those responsible
or anything said on the subject is incompetent, just that often times
people do good things out of ignorance etc...

I think that the new forum is awesome for the simple reason someone is
trying to something to promote FLOSS and specifically Ubuntu and that is
always a +1.  Is this the best way? Perhaps not. But rather than burn down
creativity and damped energy and spirit why don't those concerned join in
on the community, build bridges to it and keep everyone informed off all
the other ways people in ZA can get assistance with issues etc.  Better to
let people that like the forum and use it also be aware of LoCo activities,
IRC and even the fact that there is a sub forum on ubuntuforums that could
be used.

In time the used avenues will survive and the excess will fade away.  Let
us not assume that the new kid on the block is wrong and should go away
when it might turn out to be very beneficial ;)

Well, that is my 2c worth in any case :p

Neil