[ubuntu-za] UbuntuGlobalJam - Ubuntu Wiki

Stefano Rivera stefanor at ubuntu.com
Tue Mar 5 09:36:11 UTC 2013

Hi ubuntu-za (2013.03.01_17:06:32_+0200)
> Reminder: Global Jam at codebridge tomorrow morning.
>
> Details: http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/ubuntu-za/2246/detail/

Follow up (as requested my Miles):

* General documentation for people getting started in Ubuntu
  Development:
  - http://developer.ubuntu.com/packaging/html/

* Graham finished the SRU [0] uploads for the CUDA stack in quantal [1, 2].
  These were prepared beforehand, but I hadn't got around to reviewing
  them before the jam.

* Raoul, Grant, and I had a look through the packages that are failing
  to build in raring, but didn't see any obviously easy ones to fix.
  The list from the most recent archive rebuild [3] is littered with
  multi-arch python fallout, which has been fixed [4]

* We then reviewed the RC bug fixes from Debian [5].
  I cleaned up a bunch of spam on that page
  We reviewed the bugs for accessodf, elilo, hamster-applet, imswitch,
  rawstudio and found that they didn't affect Ubuntu.
  The clang bug seems to affect Ubuntu but was far too complex for our
  jam.
  The ncpfs bug affects Ubuntu. It's already been synced [6] but isn't
  installable in Ubuntu [7] because it depends on a newer initscripts
  version.
  The libticonv bug affects Ubuntu, but the libticonv package in Ubuntu
  has a totally different ancestry to the Debian package. It should
  probably be merged but that'd be a non-trivial job.

* Reviewing Debian RC bug #700315 [8] for rawstudio pointed us to
  flickcurl 1.23-1 which we synced [9] from Debian experimental, to fix
  Debian bug #700050 [10].

* I updated my build failure report for precise [11], for Graham, to see what
  other CUDA related things hadn't built yet.

* Julian Taylor (a MOTU who happened to be around on IRC, during our
  jam) suggested that Graham look at SRUing bug 1113356 [12]. Graham
  prepared a patch, which Julian sponsored for him.

* We were about to start writing some autopkgtests [13] for some of my
  packages in Debian, but decided we were hungry, and went to Hudsons
  for beer, burgers, and coffee.

Thanks, Graham, Grant, Raoul, and Maia!

SR

[0]: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StableReleaseUpdates