[ubuntu-za] HP Laserjet M1005 multifunction printer/scanner

Chris Schoonbee cmschoonbee at mweb.co.za
Tue Jul 30 16:01:14 UTC 2013

Hi there,

Does anyone else have a USB HP Laserjet M1005 printer/scanner?
If so, are you able to scan using simple-scan with it?

It is my father's computer and printer.  The printer functionality works
without any problems but I cannot get the scanner to work.
hp-probe detects the device but simple-scan just hangs when I try to
scan.  It does not complain about connecting to the device etc, just has
those rotating circles.

I have tried without success using Ubuntu 13.04 on his desktop and 12.10
on his laptop.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Chris