[ubuntu-za] AWESOME NEWS- MTN joins the Ubuntu touch carrier group

Lee Sharp leesharp at hal-pc.org
Wed Jul 17 14:35:18 UTC 2013

On 07/17/2013 02:58 AM, Leon Gert Marincowitz wrote:
> Africa’s MTN Group Joins Ubuntu Touch CAG
> http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2013/07/africas-mtn-joins-ubuntu-touch-cag

Oh my Gosh...  Suddenly US network Verizon is not the worst guy in the room!

As to the news, I am still waiting.  This could still go either way.  If
it stays open, and pulls updates directly from the repositories, it
could be a good thing.  If it is closed, and only updates if the carrier
sends an update, like currently with Android, it is a waste of time.

			Lee