[ubuntu-za] Wine woes (again)

Frans de waal meesterarend at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 21:47:43 UTC 2013

On Jul 11, 2013 10:04 PM, "Wesley Werner" <wesley.werner at gmail.com> wrote:

> I can't vouch for Virtualbox, but it seems like QEMU / KVM has usb
passthrough [1]. I have not used this feature of KVM before so cannot give
you specifics.

> I feel your pain on this, and feel you are delving into a world that
would involve voodoo. Good luck!

> [1]: http://qemu.weilnetz.de/qemu-doc.html#usb_005fdevices
>
> --
> Wesley

I recall seeing usb options on virtual box... not curently close to my pc
to check though

> On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 8:59 PM, Jan Greeff <jan at verslank.net> wrote:
>>
>> This seems over my head, will it be easier to get my USB ports to work
on my Oracle VM Virtualbox 4.1.2?

>> Jan

reiterate what app, and if there is a chance of an alternative native app?

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> As far as USB support goes for WINE, it doesn't work. I set up iTunes a
while back (11.10/12.04) and tried to get my iPod working with it.
Unfortunately, after doing all that then looking for any articles relating
to WINE USB support the answer was no and the alternative solution was to
setup a virtual machine with USB passthrough.

http://wiki.winehq.org/USB