[ubuntu-za] Wine woes (again)

Bruce Pieterse dev at otq.za.net
Thu Jul 11 13:10:06 UTC 2013

On 11/07/2013 14:24, Wesley Werner wrote:
> Hi Jan. I tried to backtrack what app you are meaning, can you please reiterate what app, and if there is a chance of an alternative native app?
>
> Not sure about WINE's hardware interaction (usb).
Hi,

As far as USB support goes for WINE, it doesn't work. I set up iTunes a
while back (11.10/12.04) and tried to get my iPod working with it.
Unfortunately, after doing all that then looking for any articles
relating to WINE USB support the answer was no and the alternative
solution was to setup a virtual machine with USB passthrough.

BUT, looking for an answer today I found this: http://wiki.winehq.org/USB

If it works, please let me know! :)

--
All the best,