[ubuntu-za] Wine woes (again)

Raoul Snyman raoul at snyman.info
Thu Jul 11 07:58:32 UTC 2013

On 2013-07-11 07:28, Jan Greeff wrote:
> Someone suggested that Wine could be the answer to my problems with
> some Windows apps, but like last time when I tried Wine, there are
> hiccups again and now my updates are also messed up.  My 12.04 was
> running so beautifully until now...

This has nothing to do with WINE.

> Update manager tells me that there are untrusted packages, details:
> flashplugin-installer libunity-core-5.0-5 unity unity-common
> unity-services

Those are all normal Ubuntu packages. In fact, the unity packages are
core packages. What PPA have you added?

> No address associated with hostname
> No address associated with hostname
> No address associated with hostname
> No address associated with hostname
> No address associated with hostname

According to your error messages, you have an issue with your Internet.
This is nothing to do with WINE. Read the error messages, don't panic.

--
Raoul Snyman
082 550 3754
raoul at snyman.info
Please note that my e-mail address has changed