[ubuntu-za] Wine woes (again)

Jan Greeff jan at verslank.net
Thu Jul 11 07:28:55 UTC 2013

Hi there,

Someone suggested that Wine could be the answer to my problems with some
Windows apps, but like last time when I tried Wine, there are hiccups
again and now my updates are also messed up.  My 12.04 was running so
beautifully until now...

Update manager tells me that there are untrusted packages, details:
flashplugin-installer libunity-core-5.0-5 unity unity-common unity-services

Sudo apt-get update gives me:
Err http://security.ubuntu.com precise-security Release.gpg
   Something wicked happened resolving 'security.ubuntu.com:http' (-5 -
No address associated with hostname)
Err http://ppa.launchpad.net precise Release.gpg
   Something wicked happened resolving 'ppa.launchpad.net:http' (-5 - No
address associated with hostname)
Err http://za.archive.ubuntu.com precise Release.gpg
   Something wicked happened resolving 'za.archive.ubuntu.com:http' (-5
- No address associated with hostname)
Err http://extras.ubuntu.com precise Release.gpg
   Something wicked happened resolving 'extras.ubuntu.com:http' (-5 - No
address associated with hostname)
Err http://archive.canonical.com precise Release.gpg
   Something wicked happened resolving 'archive.canonical.com:http' (-5
- No address associated with hostname)
Err http://dl.google.com stable Release.gpg
   Something wicked happened resolving 'dl.google.com:http' (-5 - No
address associated with hostname)
0% [Connecting to za.archive.ubuntu.com] [Connecting to
security.ubuntu.com] [C

What to do?

Jan