[ubuntu-za] Some tuff job

Frans de waal meesterarend at gmail.com
Fri Jul 5 07:43:07 UTC 2013

On Jul 2, 2013 5:35 PM, "Frans de waal" <meesterarend at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jul 2, 2013 3:12 PM, "Dewald Noeth" <djnoeth at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > So no internet access and no blank CD's?
>
> Yep
>
> Internet acces are provided by telkom satelite... notb sure about the
costs but I'll get what I need by tommorrow then the problem should bbe
sorted.

> I got it booting over lan to a virtualbox instance but I'm not sure about
using dd to clone such an instance looks like something to investigatee
though... If only the boot did not take at least half an hour with no
interference...

> Well have a great evening all I have only a few minutes' rest before we
stary working again.

> > Dewald J. Noeth
> > 083 291 7799
> > djnoeth at gmail.com
> > "Only two things are infinite - the universe and human
> > stupidity, and i'm not so sure about the universe."
> > Albert Einstein

(Ubuntu/Kubuntu/Xubuntu) and then installing a bundle...

> >> Would have been great but as I mentioned before this was a surprise
install...
> >> I might be able to get my hands on my external dvd rom b tomorow with
the dvd's needed to install then all this should be sorted

mode. You need to have the usb connected when turning on so the bios sees
it.

Now I have to confess something... I've just wash a non working sdram
module... with water(H2O and some other salts you might exspect in ground
water)...

Then I slaped it around abit...
And put it into an working pc...

It seems that it worked. So one more troubleshooting tip on broken
memory... sometimes its just dirty just make sure to get all the water off
before inserting into a working newish system though you do not want shorts
on your mb