[ubuntu-za] Fwd: Re: Howto use vodacom vodafone mobile modem K4305

Johan Scheepers johansche at telkomsa.net
Tue Jul 2 13:50:16 UTC 2013

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Re: Fwd: Re: [ubuntu-za] Howto use vodacom vodafone mobile
modem K4305
Date: 	Tue, 02 Jul 2013 15:43:23 +0200
From: 	Rita <27829291667 at vodamail.co.za>
To: 	Johan Scheepers <johansche at telkomsa.net>

On 02/07/2013 12:29, Johan Scheepers wrote:

> [...]
Good day Miles,
Thanks for your reply.
The exercise not succesfull.
Kindly see below the output.
The modem worked out of the box with this kernel..
Linux rita 3.5.0-27-generic #46~precise1-Ubuntu SMP Tue Mar 26 19:33:21
UTC 2013 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
I then upgraded and the kernel changed..then no dice.
With grub 2 customiser I have put it back.
I tested with all the previous versions..no dice.
This I tested on 2 different machines with the same operating systems
and the outcome is the same.
So kernel  xxxxxxxx-27 has something that the others do not have.
Maybe the kernel people will put that back in the future.
Johan S