[ubuntu-za] Genius Webcam on 12.10

Wesley Werner wesley.werner at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 10:05:22 UTC 2013

If that does not work, poke around the skype options, if there is a place
to type in the webcam's device path, it could be a matter of filling in the
correct value.

This path varies per webcam, but usually points to /dev/video0. It is the
same path you can use to 'play' your webcam through vlc via the 'open
capture device' menu command.

I've looked for any bugs in launchpad relating to this, nothing conclusive
yet. Jan you may have more luck searching launchpad for your webcam model,
and also your motherboard/chipset model.

There is a possibility its a kernel bug, specific to your chipset. But lets
hope not ;)

--
Wesley

On Jan 30, 2013 11:43 AM, "Jan Greeff" <jan at verslank.net> wrote:

> Thanks Wesley, I assumed so.
>
> This is the first realistic feedback that I have had that makes sense,
much appreciated and I will go that route.