[ubuntu-za] Kubuntu 12.04 netbook favourites panel empties on shutdown?

Vincent bullet at ballmail.co.za
Sat Aug 17 16:43:31 UTC 2013

Hi Folks, A problem has arisen on my netbook. When ever I restart or
shut down, kubuntu restarts with an empty favourites panel. I
re-populate the panel, but the icons don't stick there after shutdown. I
have locked the page, but this doesn't help.
All updates have been done and the system is completely up to date. KDE
is version 4.11.00
I've googled this and can't find a solution. Any help would be appreciated.
--
Best Regards Vince