[ubuntu-za] Forcing me back to Microsoft

bradley at cloete.za.net bradley at cloete.za.net
Wed Aug 7 20:21:25 UTC 2013

Hi Jan,

Glad that works!

You can view your assessment.

In Ubuntu software centre enable the canonical partner repo and save.
Open Ubuntu Software Centre->Edit->Sofware Sources->Other Software tab
Close

Then in a terminal run...

sudo apt-get install acroread

Adobe still supply an acrobat reader version for Linux at least.

Firefox has there own javascript powered pdf read which doesnt seem to be
able to read the pdf's from SARS.
But you can save it and then read it from the file system using the adobe
reader with a right-click, or firefox should popup a bar that you can choose
an alternative reader.

I tested this on my system and it works fine.

I'm cc'ing the list for archiving purposes.

Regards
Bradley