[ubuntu-za] Forcing me back to Microsoft

Frans de waal meesterarend at gmail.com
Mon Aug 5 22:06:22 UTC 2013

On Aug 5, 2013 11:42 PM, "Chris Schoonbee" <cmschoonbee at mweb.co.za> wrote:

> Try installing and using Google Chrome as your web browser instead of
Firefox etc.
> Google Chrome will still be getting later Flash versions.
> But it still sucks that Linux is no longer being supported in general.

Let's one wonder why on earth stop support for a OS that are ganing in
popularity?

> On 05/08/2013 22:33, Jan Greeff wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Seems like I will eventually have no option but to revert to Microsoft.
>>
>> I need to submit my tax returns via e-filing, but SARS is using Adobe
Flash Player 11.3 and this version is not available for Ubuntu. I have
found this:  Adobe Flash Player 11.2 will be the last version to target
Linux as a supported platform. Adobe will continue to provide security
backports to Flash Player 11.2 for Linux.