[ubuntu-za] What went wrong?

Frans de waal meesterarend at gmail.com
Sun Aug 4 16:30:43 UTC 2013

On Aug 4, 2013 3:46 PM, "Jan Greeff" <jan at verslank.net> wrote:

> Many thanks for your assistance Adrianna. Lesson learnt.
>
> Fortunately I can access all my old folders via the new installation.
>
> Virtualbox was not the culprit directly, but trying to get it to work led
to the problem. I'm through trying to run Windows apps on Ubuntu by any
means, it has just been an ongoing time gobbler and frustration for years
and there is always something that just does not work or that messes
everything up.

It gets better... though not much... generaly if something works great...
else we just need to get over it... write an better solution or use what
works... unfortionately very litle of the stuff that we like to play around
with are designed for linux... which just isn't good.

Virtual machines work but in the end there are still some stuff that need a
bare-metal installed OS.

Oneday though everything will run everywhere...even the virusses :-P