[ubuntu-za] Desktop settings issues in 13.04

Wesley wesley.werner at gmail.com
Sun Apr 28 18:55:04 UTC 2013

Hi Robin,

Once you set your old home, past settings got loaded, its a common issue when migrating versions.

You can test this theory by creating a 'test' user, if it logs in and runs fine its surely a old config prob.

Then you need to move your old settings from your home, those are the hidden .dot directories. You need to log out of unity and use tty1 for this (C-A-F1). when you log in afterwards, your apps will rebuild their configs with defaults.

As I've only done this on non Unity setups, search up on this first (Unity can handle recreating configs?)

Alternatively you could try hunt down the offending setting. Did you reset unity like this?

www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2013/04/how-to-reset-unity-compiz-in-ubuntu-12-10-and-13-04

And Robin use an image host like omploader.org, we don't like large attachments.

Hope this helps :)