[ubuntu-za] Clone USB

Wikus mazal.wikus at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 14:31:15 UTC 2012

Hallo everyone ,

Does anybody know of a cloning tool or a way to clone a USB stick to another
where the destination does NOT need to be the same size or bigger than
the source ?

I have a 32gig USB that needs to be cloned to a 16gig USB stick. It must
be a clone as it
is bootable (windows) , so simply copying the data won't work.

The only tools I know is clonezilla , redo , dd , partclone.
But all of them have the limitation of the same size or bigger on
destination.
The data itself is only about 5gig and will easily fit on the
destination , but all cloning apps in linux
has this limitation.

Does anybody know of a way or an app to get past this limitation ?

- Wikus

--
      _
     | |