[ubuntu-za] Striata reader

Johan Mynhardt johanmynhardt at gmail.com
Sun Sep 23 13:39:59 UTC 2012

On 23 September 2012 15:08, Wikus <mazal.wikus at gmail.com> wrote:
> Lo all ,
>
> I have run into another problem on 64bit. Striata reader. I need it to view
> my bank statements.
> When I tried to install it , it basically broke my system and I can't
> install anything now. I have to start everything
> from scratch :-( It broke the package manager and software centre.
>
> Does anybody have experience in getting striata installed without the system
> breaking on 64bit ?
>
> Thanx

Hi Wikus,

I had some issues getting striata working some time ago and could not
get it working using the debian package.

I scratched around on my system now because I did get it working after
all, but I used the compressed package.
Currently I'm running Ubuntu 12.04.1 on a 64 bit system.

The package that I just tested is striata-reader-2.13-1.tar.gz
I found it at the original site:
http://www.striata.com/download-the-striata-reader.html#tar and it's
the libc6 package (still the same version too).
the install/uninstall script seems to be good when ran using sudo.

--
Johan Mynhardt

Netiquette Guidelines: http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1855
+2772 432 8108 |johanmynhardt[at]gmail.com
http://nuvolari.co.za | http://johanmynhardt.co.za/
http://mythumbprint.mobi/johanmynhardt