[ubuntu-za] Unity Layout

Charl Wentzel charl.wentzel at vodamail.co.za
Fri Sep 21 06:29:08 UTC 2012

On 20/09/2012 16:12, Quintin van Rooyen wrote:
> Wow.
>
> No.
>
> It's cluttered.
>
> This reminds strongly of Gnome Shell, I prefer Unity above this.

I guess different people like different things.  That said, I'm not
happy about everything suggested either.

However, the things I do like is:
  - all the buttons you need access to is situated either at the top or
to the right close to the dash button, and
  - the immediate availability of the applications menu when you press
the dash button.

Now I can access the applications menu in the same amount of clicks
without moving my mouse all over the screen.  It just means you can get
the benefit of unity without loosing (or complicating) the things you
are used to doing.

Charl