[ubuntu-za] Unity launcher color woes

Bruce Pieterse dev at otq.za.net
Mon Sep 17 21:30:11 UTC 2012

On Mon 17 Sep 2012 16:15:16 SAST, Wikus wrote:
> Thanx , nothing there that helps though.
> It is another one of those "too bad boet , that's the way it is"
> things in Ubuntu it seems. **sigh**
> Now you are forced too choose a background with colors that will suit
> the launcher. Ridiculous.
>
> Thanx for the link though Hilton.
>
> - Wikus
>

> On 17/09/2012 16:08, Hilton Gibson wrote:
>> Try:
>> http://askubuntu.com/questions/119731/how-do-i-disable-the-chameleon-effect-in-notifications-and-the-unity-launcher
>>

>> On 17 September 2012 16:04, Wikus <mazal.wikus at gmail.com
>> <mailto:mazal.wikus at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>>     Hi all ,
>>
>>     I have a problem with the color of my unity launcher bar.
>>     It changes and adapts according to the background picture I use.
>>     It doesn't stay the same color.
>>     For example , I had a background picture that had a lot of silver
>>     in it , so the launcher color was silver.
>>     Now I have a background picture that have plenty of orange and so
>>     the launcher bar changed to a very
>>     ugly orange. This is annoying and ugly. I want it to stay a
>>     specific neutral color like silver for example.
>>
>>     I tried changing the color with My Unity , but when I reboot it is
>>     an ugly orange again.
>>     How can I change the launcher color and make it stay that color
>>     regardless of what background picture I use ?
>>
>>     Ubuntu 12.04 32bit with all updates.
>>
>>     Thanx
>>
>>     - Wikus
>>
>>     --          _
>>         | |
>>         | |
>>      ---   ---
>>     |J E S U S|
>>      ---   ---
>>         | |
>>         | |
>>         | |
>>         | |   My King
>>         ---
>>

>>     --     ubuntu-za mailing list
>>     ubuntu-za at lists.ubuntu.com <mailto:ubuntu-za at lists.ubuntu.com>
>>

>> --
>> *Hilton Gibson*
>> Systems Administrator
>> JS Gericke Library
>> Room 1025D
>> Stellenbosch University
>> Private Bag X5036
>> Stellenbosch
>> 7599
>> South Africa
>>
>> Tel: +27 21 808 4100 | Cell: +27 84 646 4758
>> http://library.sun.ac.za
>> http://scholar.sun.ac.za

Hi Wikus,

It is possible! This is how:

- - Install compizconfig-settings-manager or
- - Launch it if you have it :)
- - Scroll down to the Desktop category
- - Select Ubuntu Unity Panel
- - Click on the Experimental Tab
- - Change the background color name to #313131 and the opacity to 255.

Enjoy!
- --
All the best,

Bruce

FSF Member 10674 / The FSF is a charity with a worldwide mission to
advance software freedom / Join the Free Software Foundation:
http://www.fsf.org/register_form?referrer=10674