[ubuntu-za] Unity launcher color woes

Wikus mazal.wikus at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 14:04:07 UTC 2012

Hi all ,

I have a problem with the color of my unity launcher bar.
It changes and adapts according to the background picture I use. It
doesn't stay the same color.
For example , I had a background picture that had a lot of silver in it
, so the launcher color was silver.
Now I have a background picture that have plenty of orange and so the
launcher bar changed to a very
ugly orange. This is annoying and ugly. I want it to stay a specific
neutral color like silver for example.

I tried changing the color with My Unity , but when I reboot it is an
ugly orange again.
How can I change the launcher color and make it stay that color
regardless of what background picture I use ?

Ubuntu 12.04 32bit with all updates.

Thanx

- Wikus

--