[ubuntu-za] "GnomeBuntu" or LinuxMint

Nico Michael nick.michael at ptaisp.co.za
Tue Sep 11 15:41:43 UTC 2012

Hi there

l was curious to see if there was such a thing in the pipeline

I had heard unofficial rumors about a Ubuntu Gnome Release l was not
sure if they were true and if it was in the pipeline from the Ubuntu
developers

This would be great news , as its seems the Unity "refuse-nicks" are
slowly  moving to Linux-Mint

The problem with 12.04 is its becoming like Microsoft  but this time
forcing one desktop over another not giving the user the choice to add
Unity later

A selection in the installation process would be a better option to give
the user choice and not do what Microsoft did with its browser forcing
you to have it or suffer

Kind Regards

Nico Michael
http://www.arduino.org.za