[ubuntu-za] 12.10 a mistake?

Jan Greeff jan at verslank.net
Fri Nov 30 14:20:11 UTC 2012

Upgrading to 12.10 seems to have been a big mistake.

My screens are now more often than not positioned so I am unable to
access the close, minimise and maximise buttons, I have to go to screen
switcher to drag the screen into a position where I can access the
buttons. Maximising does not help, then the buttons remain off screen
and invisible whatever I do with the mouse.

When wobbly windows is activated in compiz, the screen goes totally
haywire, the screen shape becomes unmanageable and the screens jump
around from one to the other. There is sound disturbance and screensaver
does not activate. (Screensaver was installed correctly)

Running update and upgrade and reboot makes no difference.

I am seriously considering reverting to 12.04, but before I do so, are
there any fixes that may solve these issues?

Jan