[ubuntu-za] Interview with Richard Stallman

Leon Gert Marincowitz lmarincowitz at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 08:33:35 UTC 2012

Hi Guys

Researching about Ubuntu/linux/open sourse/free software you come across
two central figures, Richard Stallman and Linus Torvalds.

RMS or Stallman has an atrocious reputation but I came across an interview
with him in which he wasn't provoked or proded but allowed to speak his
mind totally while answering questions.

It really is the best interview I ever heard of him and he clarifies all
the different nuances of the free software world. This brought alot of
respect to him.

Its a long podcast but worth it, especially for those who think they know
but in truth don't http://hackerpublicradio.org/eps.php?id=1116

So here's a question after listening to him, is Ubuntu part of the open
source or Free software. Because RMS says there is a distinct philosophical
difference?

--
Kind Regards

Leon

Cell: +27 83 982 63 15
Skype: Leon.Marincowitz

Get your own free Cloud to store info digitally: Click here for your own
cloud <https://one.ubuntu.com/referrals/referee/1366981/>

****
**
help microsoft stamp out piracy - give Ubuntu <http://www.ubuntu.com> to a
friend today.
**
to mess up an Ubuntu <http://www.ubuntu.com> box, you need to work at it.
**
The installation instructions stated to install Windows Vista or better.
So I installed Ubuntu <http://www.ubuntu.com>.
**