[ubuntu-za] Thunderbirdv12.01 Backup and Restore between 10.04 & mint12?

FransIT dormakorp at vodamail.co.za
Fri May 25 12:21:49 UTC 2012

On 12/05/25 12:37, Johan Mynhardt wrote:
> On 25 May 2012 09:29, Rob Watt<rob at robwatt.co.za>  wrote:
>> Just an idea...
>>
>> Why don't you link your existing email account with Google, then use Gmail
>> as your mail client?
>>
>> Chrome has an Offline Gmail extension available, so you can search, read,
>> type mails while not online and when you go online it sends/recieves. You
>> can have all the features of Thunderbird without the issue you're currently
>> experiencing.
>>
> It still bugs me as to why people with gmail accounts use a 'native
> application client'. It's not my intention to start a flame war or A
> vs B discussion.
>
> I honestly just want to know what the benefits of such a client is
> over using G/mail/drive/calendar/contacts in a browser.
Well my wife and I had a problem with a insurance company, which somehow
managed to delete the relevant mails from her gmail account when we
asked them certain questions.
They also stopped phoning us after that...very peculiar?
She switched to pop3 after that.

Using a pop3 client just ensure that you at least have a copy of your
emails especially when you are not connected and need to check something.

--
  When working on a computer you have to know enough:
  To fake what you don't know.

Frans de Waal
IT Manager/
Dormakorp