[ubuntu-za] Axxess smtp issues on Ubuntu

Andre Rossouw andre at arnet.co.za
Fri May 25 07:57:57 UTC 2012

On Fri, 2012-05-25 at 09:44 +0200, FransIT wrote:
> hangs.
> software

I would check your ADSL latency - this is usually the problem with
network applications not performing as expected when all services are
operating *normally* according to ISP.

An option, but this is a serious workaround, would be to install postfix
locally, and set it to use smtp.axxess.co.za as it's smarthost. TB would
then send mail to local SMTP server (quickly), and the postfix daemon
will then keep trying to send the messages in the background.
The ubuntu server guide has a good method to install it, will apply to
all ubuntu derivatives.
--
Andre Rossouw <andre at arnet.co.za>