[ubuntu-za] Axxess smtp issues on Ubuntu

FransIT dormakorp at vodamail.co.za
Fri May 25 06:46:00 UTC 2012

Well....not using while using Thunderbird....though receiving pop3 email
from our isp got a problem through our citadel mail server. I had to
switch to fetchmail for retrieval, and now have more control over when
it gets done, but still they also just told me they tested with outlook
and it work fine...apparently as long as they can work with proprietary
programs and have no problem, they are not fixing anything.

You might like to test the line when you have problems though, ping the
mail server, run a speed test at speedtest.net, use pingtest.net for
more thorough testing.

--
  When working on a computer you have to know enough:
  To fake what you don't know.

Frans de Waal
IT Manager/
Dormakorp