[ubuntu-za] Ubuntu 12.04 Paingolin

Wikus wikus at cheetah-microsystems.com
Wed May 9 09:41:35 UTC 2012

In my opinion fresh install is the way to go. I personally never upgrade
the OS.
One see so many problems that start with "I upgraded.........."

Fresh install is the way to go. Yes you have to do alot of apt-get's to
get all the codecs and software you need.
But it's worth it. And if you use a seperate /home partition then you
don't even need to reconfigure anything anyway.

I can honestly say I have had minimal problems with all my ubuntu
installs , including 12.04.
And at work I am running it on a little 6 year old laptop with only
512mb ram.
And looking at the big problems it looks to me that the biggest failure
rate is on upgrades and not fresh installs.

- Wikus