[ubuntu-za] Weird upgrade situation

tim@cybersmart.co.za tim at cybersmart.co.za
Tue May 8 19:39:06 UTC 2012

Ive got a strange upgrade problem on my Gigabyte netbook.
I was running Ubuntu 10.10 and decided to get with it and do all the upgrades to 12.04.
10.10 to 11.04 went flawlessly so I went ahead and upgraded to 11.10.  that also went well so I went ahead to12.04.
Now I get the standard "partial upgrade" message (after a broken upgrade) except that it is followed by a message staying that " upgrade from precise to oneiric is not possible with this tool" yes, Precise to Oneiric.
Any help out suggestions?

Sent from my HTC