[ubuntu-za] Printer problems

Jan Greeff jan at verslank.net
Thu May 3 19:42:44 UTC 2012

Hi Bruce,

hplip-gui makes no difference. Permission denied to purge hplip. When
the thing asks me whether I am root, I feel a complete idiot because I
don't have an inkling what it's about...

I notice that backup says it cannot function until a network connection
is established, could this be my problem because the printer works via
the network?

Jan