[ubuntu-za] Launcher icons

Jan Greeff jan at verslank.net
Wed May 2 17:48:21 UTC 2012

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for the advice.

I now remember how I did it last time, but now it does not work, the
link seems to drag across fine but the moment it is dropped on the
desktop it becomes damaged and I get this feedback:  'This link cannot
be used, because its target
"../../lib/libreoffice/share/xdg/writer.desktop" doesn't exist.'

Any more ideas?

Kind regards,

Jan

On 02/05/2012 19:23, Bruce Pieterse wrote:
> On 02/05/2012 09:35, Robin Bownes wrote:
>>

>> On 05/02/2012 05:59 AM, Jan Greeff wrote:
>>> Thanks Bruce, removing the icon and re-launching the program sorted
>>> the problem out.
>>>
>>> Jan
>>>
>> Pleased to hear that Jan. Unfortunately, it didn't work for me.
>> Doesn't matter how often I remove the button, and reload the program,
>> or change themes, etc. - still the same. I've even tried tracking
>> down the LibreOffice .desktop file and editing that to point to a
>> particular icon file - still no joy.
>>
>> So if anyone out there has a flash of brilliance, please let me know.
>> It only does this with my LibreOffice launcher button.
>>
>> Robin
>>

> Hi Jan,
>
> Glad you got it sorted out! :) To place a shortcut onto your desktop,
> you won't be able to drag it from the launcher onto your desktop, but
> you can drop an icon onto your desktop through the unity dash.
All the best,