[ubuntu-za] Launcher icons

Bruce Pieterse dev at otq.za.net
Tue May 1 20:00:40 UTC 2012

On 01/05/2012 21:16, Jan Greeff wrote:
> No, Bruce. I also had the "missing icon" bug in 11.10 but this is not
> a missing icon, it's an icon with a question mark on it.
>
> Jan
>
> On 01/05/2012 21:00, Bruce Pieterse wrote:
>> On 01/05/2012 20:29, juank at vodamail.co.za wrote:
>>> Mine is fine too. I ran beta and just updated.
>>>
>>> Juan
>>>
>>> Sent via my BlackBerry from Vodacom - let your email find you!
>>> *From: * Wikus <wikus at cheetah-microsystems.com>
>>> *Sender: * ubuntu-za-bounces at lists.ubuntu.com
>>> *Date: *Tue, 01 May 2012 20:25:11 +0200
>>> *To: *<ubuntu-za at lists.ubuntu.com>
>>> *ReplyTo: * Ubuntu South African Local Community
>>> <ubuntu-za at lists.ubuntu.com>
>>> *Subject: *Re: [ubuntu-za] Launcher icons
>>>
>>> That is strange , my icons for Libre Office shows correctly in the
>>> launcher. No problem at my side.
>>>
>>> - Wikus

>>> Am I

>>> --
>>>

>> I had a similar problem in beta
>> (https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity/+bug/977202), this is
>> a known bug: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity/+bug/772986
>>
>> It looks like its been around since 11.04.
>>
>> --
>> All the best,
>>
>> Bruce
>>
>> FSF Member 10674 / The FSF is a charity with a worldwide mission to advance software freedom / Join the Free Software Foundation: http://www.fsf.org/register_form?referrer=10674

My apologies I missed that, lol. Have you tried:
- Changing the theme to radiance then back to ambiance under Settings >
Appearance or
- Use gnome-tweak-tool to change the Icon Theme to something else and
then back to Ubuntu-mono-dark or
- Removed the icon from the launcher, launch the program, and then lock
it to the launcher again or
- Reinstall the applications and perhaps the humanity icon pack with
sudo apt-get install <package> --reinstall

You can also try see if the Desktop Entry has a proper Icon value set
under /usr/share/applications/ (ls libre*).

I hope that helps a bit :)