[ubuntu-za] SOLVED: Re: www.sterkinekor.com site (Flash) no longer loads in updated Ubuntu 11.10

Chris Schoonbee cmschoonbee at mweb.co.za
Fri Mar 9 10:57:04 UTC 2012

Hi Tom,

Thanks for that.  After your confirmation that it must be my set-up I
did some more digging around and learning.

I discovered /etc/alternatives and the update-alternatives command and
realised that I was using gnash instead of Flash (although I don't
remember doing anything in the last 8 days related to this).

Anyway I used update-alternatives to point mozilla-flash-plugin to the
Flash lib instead of gnash and Voila! It works again.  Interesting, it
also fixed Chromium (I guess because it is mozilla-based?)

For interest's sake I would still like to rule out an update to gnash
(assuming I have been using it for more than 8 days) so I need to figure
out how to find out a package's version install history.  Any hints on
how I could find out when a particular package was installed?

Thanks again to everyone who responded.

Chris