[ubuntu-za] Winedoors & Crossover Re: Windows apps on Ubuntu

Nico Michael(iBurst) nick.michael at ptaisp.co.za
Wed Jun 6 17:31:55 UTC 2012

Hi there

I have purchased crossover just over R300 online a year ago and do not
regret it
You can download a free trial to try it out before you buy it. Novel
recommends it.

Now I can use Microsoft Office 2007 and a whole range of windows
programs that I can not do without

There is even a version that is suitable for running many Windows games
that costs more.

Trying to make Microsoft Office work on  wine is doable but requires a
lot of complicated gymnastics

Its worth the investment and very easy to use I recommend it
It was the only way I could run the full MySQL windows GUI tools which
is not available for Linux
I can emulate Windows XP or Vista so it give me a range of programs to run

Alternately you may want something free : Winedoors :
http://www.sucka.net/2010/03/install-win32-apps-ubuntu-wine-doors/

Kind regards

Nico Michael
(Sent from ptaisp.co.za)