[ubuntu-za] Ubuntu Unity Stability Issues

Wikus mazal.wikus at gmail.com
Sun Jul 29 10:08:43 UTC 2012

Can't help with your iBurst problem , but what I can tell you is that
Kubuntu is even more unstable.
I had many random crashes and bugs with it. Novell , I totally dislike that.

Why not try Xubuntu ? I used that when Unity first came out and couldn't
get used to unity.
So I used Xubuntu for 2 years and were very happy with it. There were
very few issues that I can recall.

Another option is to use Ubuntu but with the classic look.
(gnome-session-fallback) I think it is called.
I use that at work on a 6 year old 512mb laptop and it works and is
actually very stable.

- Wikus

      _
     | |