[ubuntu-za] Hard disk issues

Charl Wentzel charl.wentzel at vodamail.co.za
Wed Jul 4 14:21:13 UTC 2012

On 29/06/2012 11:18, Charl Wentzel wrote:
> On 28/06/2012 21:13, Bruce Pieterse wrote:
>> On 28/06/2012 16:45, Tom Bamford wrote:
>>> Replace the drive. It's dying along with everything stored on it. If
>>> it's only a few months old you can return it under warranty. Drive
>>> failures are common in the first weeks/months of first use. Regards Tom
You were absolutely right.  It took no more than 5 days for the hard
drive to fail completely once the problems became serious. Fortunately
the supplier also gave me new replacement drive after a quick test.

I also had BackupPC running before this happened.  So accept for day or
two's lost work and a few lost files, I'm up and running again.

Charl