[ubuntu-za] Pangolin CDs

frans dormakorp at vodamail.co.za
Mon Jul 2 06:32:05 UTC 2012

On 12/07/01 21:56, maia grotepass wrote:
> Hi everybody
>
> The CDs are in the post. I sent them off early last week. If you want
> to track your individual parcel, please contact me off list and I will
> send a tracking number. Also will everybody please put their contact
> info on http://ubuntu-za.org/get-ubuntu. I have a list of everyone's
> details but I don't want to make this list public. I'd rather
> everybody put their details on the web page themselves.
>
> Just to explain. Getting CDs to everybody depends on some factors. The
> CDs usually get sent by canonical pretty quickly. Then they have to
> get through customs. Even though we get them for free, the parcel
> always seems to get stopped. I think you can't send a parcel of 9 kgs
> without an invoice and what seems to be a negligible amount by
> european standards is enough to get taxed here. So once the customs
> etc get sorted out the CDs get to me. I have to collect all the
> volunteer names, divide up and pack them in 14 padded envelopes,
> address them all, fill in the post office slips and send them off.
> This isn't a task that just takes a few moments. I am more than happy
> to do this, but can only do it when it fits in. So delays are to be
> expected. If anyone wants to take over this duty, you are welcome to
> let me know if you want to have a turn to be the loco contact. I also
> think this exercise should be reserved for LTS CDs.
>
> Maia

Well put Maia. sometimes one forget about the work to get these things out,

To do this only with LTS releases could be better too, this will at
least give us a quality product. that would be supported for some time
to  come.

--
  When working on a computer you have to know enough:
  To fake what you don't know.

Frans de Waal
IT Manager/
Dormakorp