[ubuntu-za] Font installer blocking updates

Jan Greeff jan at verslank.net
Sun Jul 1 10:09:04 UTC 2012

After downloading the Installer for Microsoft True Type Fonts, my system
refuses to install the package, warning that it's from an untrusted source.

Now this installer is blocking all updates and installations from the
software center. Also, I do not seem to find a way to remove it.

The updates installation manager does not even allow me to uncheck the
item in order to install other updates.

Seems like anything related to Microsoft works like a virus on Ubuntu.
How do I get rid of this bug?

I am running on Ubuntu 12.04.

Jan