[ubuntu-za] Printer Recommendation

Chris Schoonbee cmschoonbee at mweb.co.za
Fri Jan 27 22:06:23 UTC 2012

Cannon's Linux support seems to have improved - they were very bad a few
years ago.  My brother needed something scanned urgently on his Canon
PIXMA MP-270 inkjet printer/scanner but had been too busy to
download/install the scanner driver for Windows.  I offered to try with
my Ubuntu 11.10 laptop which I had on me.  It proved to be plug-and-play
- he was pretty impressed!

Brother also offers good support - I've had a multifunction Brother
MFC-7420 for a few years and configuration just gets easier with each
Ubuntu upgrade.