[ubuntu-za] Printer Recommendation

Andre Rossouw andre at arnet.co.za
Thu Jan 26 15:58:41 UTC 2012

On 01/26/2012 02:25 AM, Andre Rossouw wrote:
>> Hi list.
>>
>> I'm going to buy a printer later today, and was wondering if anyone
>> was prepared to share their experiences?
>> Ubuntu 11.10 64-bit is what I'm running, and my requirements are
>> colour printer with scanning ability. I don't particularly want one of
>> those 4-in-1 multi-functions.

I ended up buying a HP Deskjet 3070A 3-1. Was the best supported device
in my price range, which locals had in stock. After installing the
latest hplip package (v 3.11.12), all is working well.

Thanks for the info on InkJet vs laser, really informative.
Unfortunately my printing load doesn't justify the expense of the colour
lasers. Should I ever need to do high-volume at home, I'll investigate a
monochrome laser.

Thanks,
Andre Rossouw