[ubuntu-za] Printer Recommendation

Robin Bownes robin at bownes.co.za
Thu Jan 26 10:10:27 UTC 2012

On Thu, 2012-01-26 at 08:27 +0000, Dewald Noeth wrote:

> Don't do Cannon! I have never been able to get one to work, cannon has 0 linux support.

I'm using a Canon MP560 (printer/scanner/copier with LAN/WiFi). Have
been using it for over a year. Canon actually give very good Linux
support, in that they provide (and regularly update) driver packages for
most of their printers. Before buying a Canon, just go to their website
and check to see which printers/scanners have driver packages. Install
the .deb driver packages, and then connect and install the printer - no
problem - everything works. Great print (true CMYK photo printing) &
scan quality.
Robin